|Home||About Us||Assets||Register||Sponsors||Contact Us||Links|
Registration is now open for the 2009-2010 Hawaii State Science Olympiad.
Highlands Intermediate School accepts invitiation to participate in the 25th Annual National Science Olympiad Tournament in Augusta, GA.
Robotics Field Trip to UH Manoa, College of Engineering
Congratulations to Highlands Intermediate School for placing 1st and Waimea Canyon Middle School for placing 2nd in this years State Science Olympiad.
- Antennas This exercise includes learning the characteristics of dipole antenna and step by step instructions to actually construct your own working monopole antenna.
- Circuits Learn the fundamentals of electricity and how to build basic electric circuits in this module.
- Electromagnetism Students build simple electromagnetic using common household items and measure and analyze electromagnetic field data.
- GPS Discover how the Global Positioning System uses satellites to determine your location anywhere in the world!
- Magnetism Learn about magnets and their properties.
- Motors & Rotors Experience the wonders of magnetism by learning how it can be harnessed to build useful machines.
- Pendulum Learn the fundamentals of frequency and period using the concept of pendulum motion.
- RF Wireless Learn the basic fundamentals of AM and FM radio operations.
- Spring Wave Visualize electromagnetic wave motion using slinkies.
- Wireless Mon Monitor wireless network details such as available networks and signal strength.
Return to Online Programs